Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Doll Mystery Update


As you all know, awhile back I was trying to figure out what kind of doll my grandmother
had given me as a girl. I finally found that the doll was an 
Effanbee Petite Filles Gabrielle Doll
I was back and forth over whether to actually buy 
one of these dolls or just be happy with the memories?

Well, searching eBay one day I saw this ad.

She was a great deal so I bought her!

As expected she was musty smelling.  Her hair was matted from being netted up for so many years (44 years!)  She had some mysterious white spots on her face.
Her eyeballs were dirty and half her lash details had been wiped away.

I gave her my usual baking soda wash and wig shampoo treatment.
Combed her out and rolled her up.

Her clothes I hand washed in cold water to freshen them up.
I repainted her lash details and improved the white spots although they are still visible.

 Here she is dressed up in her original outfit.

Here she is in her newest outfit.

I used this pattern shrunk down a bit to fit her smaller 16" frame.

It was our Molly that started me thinking about my childhood doll.
Here is a side by side comparison.

I know she isn't MY Gabrielle from long ago,
but here she is!
Gabrielle





2 comments:

Flo said...

How cool, I'm so happy that you were able to find her!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Flo, I was happy to get her, but it was a little bittersweet. I wonder what happened to my Gabrielle?