Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, March 25, 2016

An Interesting Find part 2

Hi Jess, what ya readin?
Oh, just a book about the Starship Enterprise, why?

 Well, I talked to mom about Camellia Starlite.
What did she say!?!
Apparently she is mom's great-aunt who moved to Hollywood in the 50s to become a movie star.
Mom thinks there is nothing wrong with us looking through her things as long as we are careful and don't lose anything.

I kept the box under my bed, let's look and see what else is in here.
Here's another letter.

Dear Momma,
I got a contract with Hollywood studios!  Can you believe your little girl is going to be a star!
I had dinner at the Monks Club with my agent Mr. Youngman and his friend Jim Cabbot who is a producer, well Brett, I mean Mr. Youngman said he wants me in his new film, its going to be called "The Fairy Queen" and guess who will play the queen?  That's right me, little Camelia Cook from a farm in Missouri.  I wish you could be here with me.  Have you asked Daddy about driving out for a visit?  I'm sure Tommy wouldn't mind doing the chores on his own for a day or two?

Anyway, I have to go, all my love to you and Daddy

Camellia

Look Emma, it's her contract letter!
I've never heard of Hollywood Studios, have you?
No, never.  Hmm.

Here's a picture of a studio, oh no this is Paramount...
Oh here's,...wait no, this is Goldwyn-Mayer.  hmm.
There's writing on the back, just "All my love, Jim".

Here's a note from the Youngman guy, Wow, he's handsome!
Oh, now that last picture makes sense. Wait!  Look for that Monk's club picture!

That guy she's looking at must be Jim!
I don't know Jess, Maybe?


 Oh Emma!  Look at this!  This must be a shot from the "Fairy Queen".
Hehehe.
What's so funny Jess?
Emma, I think poor Camellia got signed to one of those studios that only made low budget movies.
Oh no, poor Camellia.

Look, Emma, here is her roommate Betty!
She could have been a star too! They are both pretty
There's writing on the back.
Brett and Jim taking Betty and me out.

Look at this.  She wrote on the back.
Brown Derby, Betty, me, Brett and Jim.
Jim and Brett again, huh?

Here's another picture of her, it says "Hollywood at Christmas".
Wow, looks very different from today.

Oooh, a newspaper clipping, I'll bet it has a review of the Fairy Queen in it. 
Here it is, 

"The Fairy Queen" out of Hollywood studios and starring a new face, Camellia Starlite, opened to listless reactions of movie-goers who expected more.  Advertisements compared this to the Wizard of Oz.  ...."  

It just gets worse from there, poor Camellia.
Well, Jess, not everyone who goes to Hollywood is destined for stardom.
You're right Emma. Hey here's another letter to her mom.


Dear Momma, 

I have enclosed a copy of the newspaper review of Fairy Queen.  I am not too disappointed, Jim says it was a great film for a new actress.  I think he's right.  Jim just signed a deal to produce a movie for MGM!  He has really started to move up in Hollywood.  He says that I should not give the Fairy Queen another thought, that he has bigger plans for me.  Jim has asked me to marry him!  Now you and Daddy HAVE to come to California. I am as happy as a dream.  We have been looking for a house to live in after we are married.  There is one in the Hollywood Hills that we both like, that's where everyone lives.  I told Jim I had to talk to you before we could set a date.  I will call you Thursday, April 10 at 8pm, so go to Aunt Clara's house to use their phone.  Tell Daddy taking the car out one extra day this week won't hurt it!  Haha.....


Jess look!  A Wedding album!


Look how pretty she looks!

 Wow, I like Jim's taste in cars!
I think Brett Youngman was better looking.
Jess!
"Our new home"
Well, it looks like that is the end of Camellia's movie career.
Well I think she looks very happy and I hope she was!

I think she was Jess.


5 comments:

Flo said...

This is so cute, I love how the story turned out. "Happily Ever After"!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thank you, I too enjoy happy endings.

Anonymous said...

Very Cute I love this!

Sina

Julie Ann Newman said...

Hey, it's sorta like a time capsule, just like mine! Isn't it groovy? It's like finding buried treasure! I think Camilia made a beautiful fairy and an even prettier bride! Thanks for sharing Camilia's tmne capsule with all of us!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Yes! You are so right Julie! I never thought of it that way, but I guess whenever we save our letters and journals it is a time capsule. Camellia was definitely lovely. It makes me happy to see other people happy even a long time ago.