Meet Our Dolls

Meet Our Dolls
Click image to Meet Our Dolls! Contact us at: thesavagedollblog@gmail.com

Friday, September 02, 2016

Thrift Store Finds for September

I actually found a couple of these items last week,
but, most are from yesterday and today!

I am finding a lot of mini frames.
 I found these 2 in a NEW thrift store that just recently opened.
I haven't decided where they are going yet.

I liked this, but not sure where to put it.

This frame I found at one of my regular places.

This frame went in Jose's and Skyler's room.

And this flower frame,

Went in the twins room.
The bottom pink frame I already had.

This mirror is new, but not from a thrift store. 

I also found this little butterfly plate.

Which is now hanging over the twins bed.

 I also found this single salt shaker.

It will make a cute lamp.

SO cute!
Lamp tutorial to follow.

 Then I found this 1995 "Baby so Lovely" doll.
She is about 14" and made by Playmates.

 Look at that face!
cleaning and restoring to come later...
Baby Doll Cleaning

 Just yesterday, I found this pie hutch.
Apparently it is a Muffy Vanderbear hutch.

It is now in our kitchen.  
Is it too small?

 I put the spice rack on top and
our picnic basket fit underneath.

 Here is a view of the whole kitchen.

Here is a before picture for comparison.

AND....

 My favorite!
The China Girl from the Wizard of Oz.

She is made of sculpted resin.

 All her joints move, she stands alone
and her dress is precious.


10 comments:

Linda Reynolds said...

I love the lamp that you made. It is so adorable! Looking forward to the tutorial!

Flo said...

So many cute things, yayyy!!!! I would have to say that my favorite is the lamp made from the S&P shaker, very clever. It reminds me of a lamp a friend of mine has. It was a hard choice though, you found some awesome stuff.

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Flo, I am happy about my finds. I have not found ANYTHING for so long! It gets discouraging, but I have been rewarded for perseverance!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Linda, I am very happy with the lamp. The tutorial is actually already done, I just thought I should wait a day or two before posting, but maybe I'll just go ahead.

Anonymous said...

I think the new hutch looks very pretty in the kitchen. The lamp is very pretty too. I'll be looking at salt shakers differently from now on.
Fawn

Anonymous said...

Great finds especially the hutch and the dolls.
Marion

Anonymous said...

I love everything. The kitchen you have is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing.
Marilyn

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Fawn, I must admit I am happy with how the lamp turned out. I am glad you like the hutch in the kitchen I was not certain. Yes, keep an eye out for those salt shakers!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Marion, I am very pleased with everything. The baby doll is adorable she is all cleaned up and dressed!

Brenda and Sophie said...

Thanks Marilyn, our kitchen has been a work of 3 years! It doesn't seem possible. I just keep adding to it, but I was looking at the picture and I think it might be getting a little TOO full. It started me thinking about some changes?